On Friday, November 6, 2020, Smithville Cross Country competed at the MSHSAA Championships in Columbia, MO. The Smithville Warriors girls team qualified their entire team a week earlier winning the Class 4 District 8 race. On the boys side, four individuals earned their place at the state meet.
Both boys and girls teams were excited for the opportunity to compete at state as there was doubts state would take place with all of the COVID restrictions in place.
The boys ran with grit and determination. Although they were unable to pull a team score with only four runners, they each gave it their all for the final race of the 2020 season.
– Quinton Wilson (senior) placed 41st in 17:15.6
– Isaac Edson (junior) placed 88th in 18:12.8
– Regan Dunn (junior) placed 90th in 18:15.1
– Carter Massie (junior) placed 104th in 18:35.4
The girls also ran with grit and determination as they sought the podium (a top 4 finish) for the third straight year in a row. Due to a reclassification of schools, the girls knew making the podium would be harder than ever. Being led by four seniors, the girls team ran lifetime PRs as they placed 4th overall! A special shout out to Olivia Littleton and Lily Cutler for their individual “all-state” honors.
– Olivia Littleton (senior) placed 2nd in 18:30.4
– Lily Cutler (senior) placed 17th in 19:38.1
– Riley Kochanowicz (senior) placed 28th in 20:01.0
– Emma Chevalier (senior) placed 32nd in 20:10.9
– Avery Bannwarth (junior) placed 69th in 21:00.5
– Anna Redline (freshman) placed 100th in 21:43.1
– Genevieve Kochanowicz (sophomore) placed 117th in 22:10.8
The girls team was also joined by three alternate runners: Rhiannon Maynes, Paige Ruehter, and Helaina Wald.
Congratulations to the Smithville Warrior Cross Country Team for a phenomenal season!
FULL RESULTS: https://mo.milesplit.com/meets/402155-mshsaa-class-4-state-xc-championships-2020/results#.X67wYy9h2u4